Programmer Writer Seattle, WA
Job Ref: JOB-45931
Sr. Programmer Writer
As a Senior Programmer Writer/Technical Writer in the Central Technology organization, you will be responsible for the oversight of our end-to-end game developer technical portal. This will require designing an easily consumable interactive portal focused on needs of our game developers. You will be interfacing with Central Technology engineers, product managers, project managers, as well as internal and external studio game developers on a regular basis. You will be responsible for ensuring our portal always remains current, relevant, and easy to consumer.
You will create contents for game developers, producers, and testers, through automated tooling and pipeline to publish information in the Dev Portal and other technical materials.
• Be the center of excellence for the game developer technical portal
• Own the overall flow and format of the game developer technical portal
• Ensure that our game developers have an easy and intuitive guide on all aspects of publishing
• Design and deploy a documentation standards and best practices guide
• Ensure consistency in language and reading level of all documentation and tutorials
• Provide training and guidance and oversight to ensure Central Technology engineers adhere to these standards
• Ensure the portal remains relevant and current as the products change
• Ensure the portal remains easy to use and intuitive to our game developer community
• Champion self-service through intuitive instruction, interactive features, and video
• Continuously identify areas in processes around documentation that can benefit from automation and simplification
• Write, edit, and verify code snippets as well as develop a highly interactive API tutorial aimed at best practices of incorporating game functionality
• Detailed organizational skills to understand and coordinate needs of various internal stakeholders.
• A desire and ability to learn quickly.
• Ability to work independently.
• Ability to adapt writing styles for intended audiences – communicate technical material to non-technical readers.
• Strong grasp of programming concepts with iOS, Android, Unity (C#), API’s
• Experience in owning API level doc to external customers
• Experience in creating interactive API tutorial based on the needs of our customers
• Write, edit, and verify code snippets
• Strong understanding of web technology incl. static & dynamic contents, RESTful principles
• Ability to troubleshoot & solve portal technical problem
• Understanding of audience & adapt accordingly
• Able to produce material in multiple formats (interactive API’s, screencast, video, etc.)
• Experience in using SCM (SVN, Git) & release pipelines on regular basis
• Understanding of system architecture
• Proficient with scripting & automation
• Experience in implementing “Search” feature, measure its effectiveness, and tuning it
• Proficient in building and evaluating customer surveys
• Working knowledge of Python
• Able to exercise code snippets
• Adobe Experience Manager
• Experience with Google or AWS technologies
• Experience with big data and business intelligence
Be prepared to demonstrate the following skills in your portfolio or interviews
• Strong understanding of the documentation lifecycle
• Understanding of what it takes to deliver an effective customer facing technical portal
• Knowledge on providing guidelines and standards around technical writing
• Pride of ownership & success
• Initiative & result-oriented
• Awareness of common industry tools
• Demonstrated accomplishments