Senior Technical Writer – Technical Specifications
Job Ref: JOB-46598
Our client is the nation’s largest manufacturer of sustainable, durable and affordable clay, concrete, stone coated steel and composite slate and shake roofing. They are in immediate need of a senior technical writer to draft technical specifications. Specifically, they have an urgent need for someone to draft expenditure requests that includes specs for equipment that are backlogged. Much of this material is used for RFPs and RFQs. The ideal candidate can write technical specification for equipment and machinery.
- Those with a mechanical background is a plus, as are those who can perform cost analysis. Writers who can generate training illustrations is also desirable but is not the focus of the role at this time.
- The writer must know SOLIDWORKS. All designs are in this tool, at least for CAD.
- This is a full time contract position and may evolve into FTE position.
- Writers located in Southern California (Corona area), or Houston area is preferred, but the client is willing to pay for travel to their various sites as needed.
- Candidates must be able to learn and work quickly as they are falling behind with their documentation needs.
- The ideal candidates should also be willing to travel and work onsite so they can pull the data as needed.
- All sites are COVID compliant.
- The client is accepting candidates for IMMEDIATE consideration.
- Please submit relevant writing samples wit your application.