Technical Writer – Manuals (GPS Systems) Remoter, Remote
Job Ref: JOB-47057
Writing Assistance, Inc. is a national staffing company for Technical Writers. Our client is a leader in precision measurement systems and technologies. They currently need a technical writer to create user manuals, installation guides, quick-start guides, and so on. Specifically, responsibilities include:
- Lead documentation projects as assigned, including plans and schedules for documents and documentation sets.
- Work with Engineering, Product Management, and Professional Services and other key stakeholders to gather data for creation or revision of documentation.
- Research and assimilate technical concepts of technologies, equipment and products into manuals, install guides, and other technical documentation ensuring usability and concise content.
- Explain scientific and technical ideas in simple language.
- Develop and maintain documentation hierarchy, content standards, formatting standards, and templates.
- Improve document usability through content structure, formatting and proofreading.
- Complete document creation or revision in a timely manner based on assigned prioritization and deliver commitments.
- Ensure document control integrity with document revision history content and proper approval workflow routing.
- Adhere to compliance standards, confidentiality, and information dissemination rules.
- B.A./B.S. in a Technical Discipline and English or Technical Communications OR combination of technical certification (A.S) and equivalent work experience will be considered.
- Technical writing experience in civil engineering, or automation for heavy equipment, or survey instruments (GPS receivers, etc.) – Highly Preferred.
- Proficient in.
- Must be proficient with FrameMaker, including unstructured FrameMaker content development
- Ability to learn complex concepts quickly and explain them with clarity and technical accuracy.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Acrobat Pro)
The work can he performed remotely but some travel to one of their locations for training and onboarding would be encouraged.
The client is accepting candidates for immediate consideration. Please submit relevant writing samples with application.