Technical Writer Naperville, IL
Job Ref: JOB-45923
Our client is looking for a technical writer located near Naperville, IL area to update manuals and other documentation.
Under the general supervision of the Development manager, the Technical Writer, will produce high-quality coherent User and technical documentation that contributes to the overall success of our products and applications.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Researches, outlines, writes, and edit new and existing content, working closely with various departments to understand project requirements.
- Independently gathers information from subject matter experts to develop, organize, and write user documentation and technical manuals with a consistent and cohesive voice.
- Develops a thorough understanding of the audience and the documentation required by meeting with colleagues, and working with managers to discuss technical problems.
- Researches and builds knowledge about products, services, technology, or concepts to be documented.
- Determines the clearest and most logical way to present information and instructions for greatest reader comprehension and writes and edits technical information accordingly.
- Prepares graphics and illustrations to elaborate on or complement technical writing.
- Creates, adapts, and follows project schedules and deadlines.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Proficient in publishing software and programs such as MS Word, Confluence, Photoshop, Illustrator and MS Visio.
A Technical Writer should also possess these skills:
- Excellent written skills in English
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Basic familiarity with the SDLC and software development
This is a full-time onsite with contract-to-perm possibilities.