Technical Writer – Software Documentation Miami, FL
Job Ref: JOB-46000
Our client develops software that automates and improves business operations. They are currently seeking a software documentation Technical Writer.
This is an in-house, full time position based in Miami FL working on the following:
• Create troubleshooting articles for an internal knowledgebase to help the Support Team solve customer issues quickly and reduce time on the call.
• Create how-to articles for end users of client software to help them learn and use features. Generate user manuals in HTML5 and PDF from FrameMaker.
• Learn new software features to document for new releases.
• Maintain the documentation department standards and contribute to the department’s value in the organization, to its role in the company’s growth, and the customer’s success.
• Follow documentation and style guide to create new and to update existing documentation.
• Convert legacy content to DITA.
• Contribute to evaluation of new CCMS tools.
• Contribute to improving processes and adopting new tools to work better.
• Use existing file naming conventions for revisions and work flow states of documentation to manage content efficiently.
• Work with Product managers, QA team, and others to learn new features, receive feedback and to edit topics.
• Analyze usage data and metrics to determine what users are reading to ensure we’re giving them what they need.
• Topic-based writing about software procedures
• Write in clear, simplified English and active voice that can be easily translated into other languages
• Create screenshots
• Must be attentive to detail, have correct spelling and grammar, efficient time management and organizational skills
• Work with diverse teams, track work productivity, work independently and meet deadlines
• Comfortable writing about technology and working with software developers and people in other technical roles in an agile department
• Ability to analyze large amounts of complex information to simplify it for end users
• Reports to manager of technical and educational documentation
• Software: Adobe FrameMaker Tech Smith SnagIt Microsoft Word Knowledge of DITA and content reuse